- It is mandatory for presenting authors to register for the conference.
- Videos should be in AVI or MP4 or WMV formats only. The recommended minimum resolution is 800×600; higher resolutions are encouraged.
- Duration of video should not exceed 8 minutes.
- Video Submissions may be submitted under the following themes: Surgical procedures, Radiotherapy procedures, Evaluation techniques, Chemotherapy Procedures, Innovative Techniques, or other Head and Neck Oncology related videos.
- Video Presentation should be based on the original work of the presenting authors.
- It is recommended that the videos be self-explanatory with an audio commentary in the background, and also preferably subtitles to the audio.
- The Video should open with a title and listing of authors. It is recommended that a short title and operating surgeon/ institution be noted on the bottom of the video throughout its length, to ensure continuity.
- All Video Presentations will be played sequentially on A-V screens in designated areas through the duration of the conference. It is not mandatory for the authors to be present at the designated Video Presentation area; and there shall be no simultaneous podium presentation.
- Selected submissions shall be upgraded for podium presentation. Please indicate your acceptance for podium presentation by marking the relevant box in the submission process
- Videos shall be evaluated by a screening committee before acceptance.
- Decisions of the scientific committee with regard to acceptance and upgradation to podium presentation shall be conveyed by email by abstract committee FHNO 2018.
Guidelines for Video Presentation Submission
General Guidelines for Oral presentation
- Presentation Technology: Each meeting room is equipped with a laptop and a Screen. To assure high quality and near seamless transition between talk and speakers, a network based presentation system will be used. Please note that personal laptop and Notebook cannot be connected in the lecture rooms.
- Presentation format: Only material in the form of MS-PowerPoint (*.ppt or *.pptx) with a screen ratio of 16.9 (landscape) will be accepted. If you are using PowerPoint 2007 or older please do not forget to upload your video files separately as they cannot be embedded into the presentations.
- Additional Instruction for Free paper: Free paper presentation should not exceed 8 minutes time. There will be 2 minutes discussion time after each presentation for. There should NOT be more than 7-8 lines and each line should not have more than 8-10 words, in each slides of free paper presentation.
- Conflict of Interest: All presenters should declare their conflicts of interest within the first two slides of the presentation.
Guidelines for E Poster
- To assure the best quality of your E-Poster, we recommend presentation made in the form of MS-PowerPoint (*.ppt or *.pptx) with a screen ratio of 16:9 (landscape)
- PowerPoint should contain no more than 3 slides
- The first slide should contain the name of the presentation, name of the presenting author only.
- There should NOT be more than 8-10 lines and each line should not have more than 8-10 words in each slides.
- Do not forget to carry your PPT/ PPTX file with you.
- No videos are allowed in E-Poster presentations (Both Award Category & Free Poster Viewing).
Please Note all Accepted Abstracts at the IFHNOS & FHNO 2018 KOLKATA shall be published in a special edition of the official journal of the FHNO i.e. “The journal of Head Neck Physicians and Surgeons”